The production platform based on ZERA® peptides allows a flexible process adapted to your requirements.
ZERA® peptide fused to your target protein can be synthesized in a broad range of recombinant hosts, cultured cells, microorganisms or GMO. In addition, it can be produced as intracellular organelles (StorPro® bodies) or as a secreted soluble protein. The reversible downstream steps of Assembly/Solubilization and membrane Removal/Encapsulation allow process customization for a given application.
Chart of ZERA® process (Uptream and Downstream) and its major fields of application
• Natural peptide sequence available in more than 20 customised variants
• Accumulates your protein of interest fully active in intracellular micro-particles
• Increases expression level between 2-10 fold without disturbing cell viability and growth rate
• Tolerates wide size range of your protein of interest (30AA to ~80 kDa)
• Allows N-glycosylation
• Works with all genetic improvement technologies in all eukaryotic hosts
• Protects your protein of interest from proteolytic degradation
• Simplifies first downstream step